CafeMom Tickers

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Making It Count: Week 2: Blow Painting




It's Making it Count Tuesday! Every week, Pam and Sarah are co-hosting the Making it Count Tuesday link-up. Start with any one of those fabulous ideas you have found online. Then, do it. Make it. Cook it. Create it. Take it from the screen, give it life and let it bless your world. When you're done, snap a photo, write about it and share it with us. Make your time online count.


I love art projects.  I have books and books about them.  I have pinned many pages of art project.  I have tons of art supplies on my shelves.  But I never find the time in the day to do them.  And so the paint goes unused and the paper gets dusty.  I also find that I am a control freak when it comes to the children doing art.  The words, "Here, let me show you how to do it" comes out of my mouth often instead letting my children explore because there must be a "correct" way to do the art.  I know that this is not what art is all about.  And so Making It Count Tuesday was a great way for my children to do art and a perfect way for me to practice letting go of control.

I got this idea from Raising Sparks.  I had the paint and the paper, I even had the eye droppers, straws and googly eyes.


Blowing took a lot more effort than my kids realized.  Standing on the chair gave them a little more control.  The eye dropper was a hit and a good way for me to let go of control.  They even got to pick the color of paper they wanted and choose where they wanted the paint. :)

Here are the finished projects.  Hooray for ART!




Little Sparks used this project to talk about germs.  I tried calling them germs but my children kept referring to them as monsters.  I did limit the number of googly eyes or my oldest son would have gone crazy.  Overall, it was a success and I might try another art project next week!

2 comments:

  1. Those look like so much fun! I bet we have all those things around here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Those "monsters" are super cute. :)

    ReplyDelete